GEA Consulting Engineers is one of New York’s top engineering firms, specializing in the innovative design of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems for some of the city’s most well-respected companies. The scope of their work includes large-scale retail, hospitality, commercial, institutional and high-rise residential projects.
Established in 1996, GEA has grown to be an industry leader by offering clients superior technical expertise, cutting-edge solutions and forward-thinking design in all their projects—from the most basic to the most sophisticated.
GEA principals supervise every project. Our dedicated and talented roster of engineers and designers–complemented by the efficiency and professionalism of our support staff—ensure that client needs and expectations are met.
Our attention to detail and commitment to excellence allow us to provide comprehensive project coordination from design conception through system commissioning.
Through our philosophy of vigorous coordination during the design phase, GEA engineers are able to minimize costly conflicts and changes during construction phase. And each project is evaluated to ensure compliance with current practices, established building codes and applicable regulations.
These practices have fostered a reputation for delivering the highest quality, most cost-effective engineering packages and have also built long-term relationships with well-known clients, such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, The Related Companies, Vornado Realty Trust and many other developers and owners.
GEA Consulting Engineers is also a NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) Partner providing assistance to residential developers in obtaining incentives for the design of high efficiency buildings.
- Mechanical: Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation
- Electrical: Power, Lighting, Distribution
- Plumbing: Hot and Cold Water Distribution, RPZ/Backflow Preventers, Drainage and Waste
- Fire Protection: Sprinklers, Hydraulic Calculations, Fire Standpipe
- Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Smoke Evacuation Systems
- Drawings and Specifications: Preparation of Drawings and Specifications Ready for Bid, Filing and Construction
- Building Condition Reports/Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Building Energy modeling
- LEED Consulting Services
- Energy Audits
- Energy Efficiency Studies
- Building Information Modeling – BIM (Revit Design)
- NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) – Partner
- NYC Accredited Special Inspection Agency